27 October 2011

DIY Wobble board

I'm adding core, balance and agility in my workouts. Balance (or wobble) boards sounded fun and simple and so I decided to give it a go making one myself. Wobbling on the board activates muscles and I get to work on balance that's so important in derby.



I found this board on the floor - it's a perfect size and shape for my Wobble.



I have to attach a wobbly bit to the bottom and its size will affect the lean of the Wobble. More lean means more challenge. I settled somewhere between 18 and 14 degrees.

I found a saw on the floor and some material too to make the round bit for the Wobble. I later found out the piece of wood was actually one of our floorboards and very important. Oh well. Now it'll help me to get to the World Cup!


Once I had sawn the round bits, I marked where they should go and screw them to the bottom of the board.

And that was it! I have a WOBBLE! It's fun and a great workout.