5 December 2011

Toronto: Day 7

It was a long day! We left the hotel quite early again to get ready for the most important match of the tournament... Finland Vs Sweden! We had bouted against them in October in a fundraising match and lost by some fifty points. We were not quite sure what to think about this re-match opportunity other than that it was going to be one emotionally charged game due to that age old rivalry between the two countries. After a strong start from Sweden we managed to get lead and kept it til the end - knowing that if we let it slip, the whole thing would turn around. We played one of our best games and showed to the World what herrings are made of!

I found my body doing things I did not know it was capable of, spinning around, jumping on my toe stops, blocking backwards and really keeping with my team. I can't wait to see the game myself (check out DNN archives!).

What a feeling being the 5th in the world and the 2nd in Europe after England. The teams ahead us are just plain amazing, Australia, England, Canada and USA.