29 November 2011

Toronto: Day 1 & Day 2

DAY 1
The flight went well and felt really quick even it took eight hours. The hotel is very close to the airport and I got here with the free shuttle bus. The place is full of roller girls! The night of our arrival we went to the gym and the pool and had something to eat, that was it.

DAY 2
The time difference, five hours, has been manageable which is really good. This morning we went on a Niagara Falls tour. It rained the whole day but our tour guide was funny. We had very fashionable yellow rain ponchos given to us and went into a tunnel behind the falls. The Falls were quite impressive but not as impressive as I'd thought. We grabbed something to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe at the Falls. The highlight of the day must've been the black squirrels... The tour included wine tasting and preserve sampling as well. Ice wine tasted weird, strong and sweet. Reminds me of sherry? Red wine jelly was very nice and so was extra virgin olive oil infused with lemon (yum). Too price though, over $22 plus tax for a small bottle. I could make some probably at home? No ATMs so far like my card so I'm cashless. At least the hotel did not take $1,000 deposit from my card and I can still use it - a couple of other girls can't. Crazy. Went to the gym again today and was told by the machine that my fitness is below average. Oh dear. Now I'm trying to figure out where to get some proper food (fresh) and this means I need to find a supermarket. The nearest is some 3km away and it's still raining. Now I'm going to find some food... Bye!